Jul 13, 2020
2019-2020 Advisor Handbook
Is your advisee ready to graduate?
- A student should apply to graduate the semester prior to their graduation. The graduation application can be found at https://www.abac.edu/academics/graduation/#Additional-Resources
- Graduating Spring - submit application in Fall
- Graduating Summer or Fall - submit application in the Spring
- The student should bring the completed graduation application and their degree evaluation from DegreeWorks to their advisor for review.
- Once the advisor has ensured that all requirements have been satisfied, they sign off on the graduation application and give the application to their supervisor (i.e. Department Head or Dean) to review and sign off on the application.
- If the student has received a student loan at ABAC they must visit the Office of Financial Aid for exit counseling. Once completed, the Office of Financial Aid will sign off on the application.
- The completed application and degree evaluation are delivered to Academic Support, where they are reviewed and entered into the Banner system.
Degree Evaluation Process
- Sign on to MyABAC
- Click on DegreeWorks
- Enter in the Student’s 918#
- Review information and requirements
- Submit any necessary adjustments
- Print and attach to graduation application
Helpful tips and troubleshooting
- There is no graduation fee assessed.
- Remember, DegreeWorks is only accurate for those using a Fall 2012 catalog and later. Contact Academic Support if a student is trying to graduate under an older catalog.
- Need to make a course adjustment or substitution for a student? Then be sure to fill out the appropriate online form: https://iweb.abac.edu/ses/registrar/forms/online/ (link only works on Tifton campus for faculty)
- Only completed and corrected (if required) graduation applications should be submitted to Academic Support.
Graduating with Honors
||3.50 - 3.69
|Magna Cum Laude
||3.70 - 3.89
|Summa Cum Laude
||3.90 - 4.00
In addition to satisfying the CORE and major-specific classes, all students must satisfy the following other degree requirements:
- Have NO RHSC (formerly CPC) deficiencies from high school
- Satisfied all Learning Support requirements (if applicable to student)
- Satisfied the Georgia Constitution and History requirement
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 2.0
Georgia History and Constitution requirements
- Students who successfully complete POLS 1101 and HIST 2111 or HIST 2112 at a University System of Georgia institution automatically satisfy the Georgia History and Georgia Constitutional requirement.
- Students who transfer in POLS 1101 and/or HIST 2111 or HIST 2112 from an institution outside of the state of Georgia or have CLEP/AP credit will not satisfy the Constitutional and History of Georgia requirements. These students will need to take the Georgia Constitution and History competency exam before graduating. Students can sign up for the exam at https://www.abac.edu/academics/academic-support/testing/#Georgia-History-and-Constitution.
Students may earn a minor in discipline areas where majors are offered at the bachelor’s level if they complete the required 15 to 18 semester hours of coursework, 9 semester hours of which must be 3000- or 4000-level courses. Courses taken in Core Areas A through E may not be counted as course work in the minor.
- A student’s minor is not tracked in Banner
- Students should work with their advisor to satisfy the minor requirements found in the catalog
- Click here for the Minor Application Form
For assistance, contact