2020-2021 Advisor Handbook 
    May 15, 2021  
2020-2021 Advisor Handbook

Transient Permission


Students who wish to take classes at another institution to transfer back to ABAC for credit will need to request transient permission. To be eligible, a student must meet the following conditions:

  1. Have completed at least one semester at ABAC within the past three semesters
  2. Be in good academic standing
  3. Have no outstanding financial obligations to the institution

Transient Process

Transient permission originates with the student’s academic advisor and the following steps should be completed:

  1. Print out the Transient Permission Form
    • Print both pages; however, the student and advisor need to complete page 2 together
  2. Make sure the classes your student wants to take at the other institution will transfer back to ABAC.
  3. Student signs the form
  4. Advisor and the dean approve the form by signing
  5. Student then brings both pages of the form to Academic Support. Academic Support will
    • Approve or deny the request based on the criteria listed on the transient permission. If approved:
      • Send the request to the institution that the student plans to attend
      • Email acknowledgement of transient permission to the student
  6. Student must APPLY to the institution they wish to attend and follow their transient admission process
  7. Once the student has completed their transient term at the other institution, they MUST request an official transcript be sent back to ABAC
    • Failure to do so will delay financial aid eligibility and/or awarding of degree